For the mole sauce
- 1 pack of Black Mimole paste
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 2 cups of your choice of broth (chicken, beef, pork, vegetable)
For the recipe
- 3 Flank steak or round steak
- 5 medium fresh cactus paddles
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Prepare the mole sauce following the directions on the label.
- Clean and prepare the nopales (for instructions, see link below),brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the nopales. The nopales should take about 3 minutes on each side; Let cool, then cut nopales into 1-inch slices.
- Sprinkle both sides of each steak with salt and pepper. Grill steaks 4 to 5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. When done, serve steaks over a layer of Mimole sauce and garnish with cactus.